Monday, March 22, 2010

Student's Pysanky

These are my student's versions of Ukrainian dyed easter eggs. I used the same dye as mine, however we did not use the candle and kiska. I went through my sticker containers and picked out what I felt will survive multiple dye baths. I picked smaller designs with distinctive shapes.

Some did not work and we peeled them off before the second dipping. I also found some magic (wax) crayons left over from some cheap dyeing kits we used last year. Those worked wonderfully well. I liked them better then the stickers, but as they are clear, it was difficult for the kids to see where they went with them. I think next time I would use all light coloured Crayola crayons.

This was fun for the students as egg dyeing always is. Now on to the baskets tomorrow.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Wow....these are beautiful. Aleda recognizes one she made, and mumbles about not seeing second one :)