Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring's New Life

Enjoy a collection of photos taken on a Sunday afternoon walk. I never thought to find pussy willows out yet! ...And I was pleasantly surprised to also find leaflets emerging on some trees. There are always some kind of mosses to be found, always the most emerald green.








A garter snake; I saw one skidding across a puddle in a ditch this week as if it was slithering over sand.


I was diverted, this is from the greenhouse, which is always on the agenda when I go walking these days. I like going through, small and cramped as it is, and see what is happening there.


Cushion spurge, finally got a piece from one of my sisters last year. It has shown itself alive and well, for which I am very thankful. It has the most beautiful colouring through the year, starting with a brilliant yellow in the spring.


Seagulls are worth noting, they are one of the first birds back in the spring and once here, you can hardly miss them. Noisy, and a bit of a nuisance, they do however clean up any food scrap left at the dump so credit must be given them.

I am in search of the prairie crocus. I have never seen any around here, but there is always the possibility.

1 comment:

  1. Hi kathy, thanks for stopping by my blog. I just LOVE the music on your blog. So inspiring. Gotta go and make me a quilt, tonight!!

    Stacey
    String Thing Challenge
    Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop

    ReplyDelete