Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crayon Resist Leaf Rubbings




The last two days we worked on an art project using leaves. It was a beautiful day yesterday. My students were begging to go walking, so I took the oppurtunity to go and collect leaves for a project which I wanted to try.
It is featured on http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/ shared with me by Lisa at http://remnantreminscences.blogspot.com/.

They turned out wonderful.

I love the intensity of watercolour and you will see them used a lot in my class. I buy the Prang brand semi-moist set of the eight basic colours, never more. That way we get to bland colours not featured.

Tomorrow I should have gone to a water-colour all day workshop. I was too late in enrolling and missed it, so I get to go to my second choice one. I must say, I am more excited about this one. I had already been to a water-colour evening session with the teacher who does it and really enjoyed it. However the one I go to now is by an acclaimed artist, an all-day session on bookmaking at the art gallery. I think I shall have a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I need an art teacher. I dread doing art. But I know it's necessary and bring so much pleasure to the kids...

    ReplyDelete