Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Canadian Fall Leaf Exchange Project


This year I am again participating in a leaf exchange project with other Canadian schools. I tried it last year and each package was greatly anticipated and eagerly opened to see what tree the class picked and where in Canada it came from.

Each class picks a favourite fall poem, a tree picture, a leaf from the tree and a write-up about it, hopefully at a grade 1-2 level. Also a brochure from the area is included.

I plan to put up a Canada Map as a central display area and link each package to it's respective province. Ours are finally ready to be mailed out tomorrow and I am beginning to watch the mail table for others coming in. We should have mailed them in the middle of October. I'm a tad late, but that's okay seeing as we were first last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment