Sunday, July 10, 2011

Veronicas

If life gives you lemons... make lemonade.
If your Veronicas get mildew, make a bouquet!
I have had the same problem with these flowers for a number of years now.  Just when they are ready to bloom, they come down with mildew -- powdery or downy, I don't know which.
Any idea on how to conquer it?  Solutions anyone?

This year I tried keeping the area around the plant open so as to keep the air moving.  Didn't work!

Also, I have other Veronicas, including this Royal Candles variety, and they are not susceptible to it.

Royal Candles Veronica

Veronica spikes with a splash of pink Prairie Joy roses make a beautiful display.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Your Veronicas as stunning! Simply gorgeous.
    I don't know the answer to your question regarding these, but you popped by my blog and asked about Scrapmania (my quilt).
    You're set to no-reply so I thought I'd leave you a message here :-)

    Scrapmania is so easy and the squares were 4 inch finished.
    Have fun with it.
    Scrapmania is made up of swap blocks too... a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete