Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring Blooms

I was gone for the weekend.  I came home late this afternoon and planned on working on my flower beds this  evening.  The temperature is not quite inviting though and when I heard there were frost warnings in effect tonight, I got my camera and captured a few pics of some beautiful spring plants.  I am not sure what the frost will do to them, but seeing as they are all perennials, they should be okay.
Woodland ferns (I think), never more beautiful than when in the fiddle-head stage!

Primroses -- begifted to me last year by one of my sisters.  This is their second show.  They came up right after the snow went.  I killed them off by removing their leaf cover too soon.  I am really glad to see them again.

Pulmonaria -- also known as Joseph's coat or lung-wort -- a spring bloomer, and a favourite of mine for its beautiful hosta-like leaves in the summer.

This is the first time this fern leaf peony blooms!  Can't wait for the flowers and hoping the frost doesn't damage them.
Yellow cushion spurge with bleeding heart and day lilies in the background.

2 comments:

  1. day pictures sein fein. ich wullet ga schnuffla.
    KW

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever have leftover primroses.....think of me :) They are beautiful!! I have another kind where leaves are more smooth.....my patch is getting big.....if you ever want some just shout.

    ReplyDelete